CORE COVENANTS FOR COACHING
Guiding Principles for the King’s Athletic Department
King’s School Coaches will strive for excellence in:
1. Christ-centered character development
·Be in continuous pursuit of Christ throughout your daily life.
· Allow God to speak through you in all circumstances.
· Be a Christian role model and challenge your athletes to a life honoring Christ.
2. Connection and caring community building
· Be present in the lives of student-athletes throughout the year.
·Strive for lasting, meaningful relationships with student-athletes, parents and the King’s community.
Recognize the various roles of coach, athlete, officials and parents and build connections within those roles.
3. Communication and organization
· Make updated/current information regarding your program frequently and easily available.
Practice times, transportation, meals, etc.
· Be clear and concise in your communication to student-athletes, parents and King’s athletic administration.
· Utilize various forms of communication including email, team websites, or twitter, etc.
· Keep track of all forms of your budget and communicate expenditures to the AD.